This scoping exercise to deepen our understanding of the current context of seed use, main crops and varieties in the research localities in order to gather evidence of the ongoing importance of farmer seed systems in the agricultural practices and livelihoods of smallholder farmers, to identify cases of biodiversity loss and to use this information to build the case for the importance of protecting and supporting farmer-managed seed systems (FMSS) on the continent.
16 September 2016
Mapping farmer seed varieties in Manica, Mozambique: initial investigations into agricultural biodiversity
- Financialisation, dematerialisation, digitalisation & distancing of Africa’s agriculture
- The rise of digital agriculture and dispossession in Africa: implications for smallholder farmers
- Seed harmonisation in Eastern and Southern Africa
- South Africa’s list of highly hazardous pesticides researched and published by the network Unpoison
- South African People’s Tribunal on AgroToxins welcomes UN Expert’s assessment highlighting human and environmental rights violations