GM-Labeling-zebraThe Biotech industry continues to stall the implementation of a GMO labelling regime, claiming that only a “lunatic fringe” or a “European funded lobby” want it, despite government’s clear intentions in the Consumer Protection Act to grant the consumer’s right to know and to choose. The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has re-opened the public comment period for submissions on the amended GMO labelling regulations until 15 August 2014. Submissions can be made to JSekgobela@thedti.gov.za.
1 August 2014
Industry employing bullying tactics to scupper GM food labelling in South Africa
- Financialisation, dematerialisation, digitalisation & distancing of Africa’s agriculture
- The rise of digital agriculture and dispossession in Africa: implications for smallholder farmers
- Seed harmonisation in Eastern and Southern Africa
- South Africa’s list of highly hazardous pesticides researched and published by the network Unpoison
- South African People’s Tribunal on AgroToxins welcomes UN Expert’s assessment highlighting human and environmental rights violations