In this report, the ACB interrogates the Gates Foundation and Monsanto’s Water Efficient Maize for Africa (WEMA) project and exposes it to be nothing more than corporate ‘green washing’, designed to ensnare small holder farmers into adopting hybrid and GM maize in order to benefit seed and agro-chemical companies.
4 May 2015
Gates and Monsanto’s Water Efficient Maize for Africa (WEMA) Project
- Financialisation, dematerialisation, digitalisation & distancing of Africa’s agriculture
- The rise of digital agriculture and dispossession in Africa: implications for smallholder farmers
- Seed harmonisation in Eastern and Southern Africa
- South Africa’s list of highly hazardous pesticides researched and published by the network Unpoison
- South African People’s Tribunal on AgroToxins welcomes UN Expert’s assessment highlighting human and environmental rights violations