The undersigned 28 civil society organisations support and represent the interests of smallholder farmers and livestock keepers from Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe, and are concerned with the conservation of agricultural biodiversity for livelihood security and food sovereignty. View the full statement here.
25 September 2012
Open Letter to African Governments and AGRA (The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa)
- Financialisation, dematerialisation, digitalisation & distancing of Africa’s agriculture
- The rise of digital agriculture and dispossession in Africa: implications for smallholder farmers
- Seed harmonisation in Eastern and Southern Africa
- South Africa’s list of highly hazardous pesticides researched and published by the network Unpoison
- South African People’s Tribunal on AgroToxins welcomes UN Expert’s assessment highlighting human and environmental rights violations